A safe, natural option for childbirth.
WHAT IS A MIDWIFE?
Providing expert care and services during labor and delivery, as well as before birth and throughout all stages of a woman’s life, is a specialty that makes midwives unique. For example, midwives offer an array of healthcare services including gynecological exams, contraceptive counseling, prenatal care, newborn care, menopausal management and prescriptions.
BENEFITS OF USING A MIDWIFE
One of the main reasons women choose a midwife is to experience childbirth as naturally as possible. According to the American College of Nurse Midwives, benefits of receiving midwifery care include:
- Decreased risk of needing a Cesarean section
- Reduced rates of labor induction
- Reduced use of regional anesthesia
- Decreased infant mortality rates
- Decreased risk of preterm birth
- Decreased third and fourth degree perineal tears
- Increased chances of having a positive start to breastfeeding
- Increased satisfaction with quality of care
- Lower cost for both patients and insurers
Mothers or babies with certain health conditions may require additional medical care. If complications arise, our midwives collaborate with and provide referrals to obstetricians, pediatricians and other healthcare professionals.
Meet our Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners and Certified Nurse Midwives:
Kim Chamberlain Danser
Empowering women throughout a lifetime.
For more information visit our Facebook page at Wyoming County Women’s Health & Midwifery
To schedule an appointment with one of our certified nurse-midwives, please call:
Office: 585-786-1560 or Labor and Delivery: 585-786-7950