NURSING HOME VISITATION UPDATED 11/03/2020:
Beginning today, November 2, 2020, the skilled nursing facility window visits will resume. All staff and residents have tested negative for COVID-19. Please call (585)-786-8940 extension 7900 to schedule your visit in November. We are not booking any visits for December at this time. We will continue to monitor residents and test staff weekly. As you are most likely aware, the community is experiencing an increase in the number of positive cases of COVID-19. We will continue to remain vigilant in our screening of staff and twice-daily screening of residents.
NURSING HOME VISITATION UPDATED 09/24/2020:
Changes once again in the visitation guidelines for the Skilled Nursing Facility. At this time we qualify to do face-to-face visits, six feet apart. If there were a positive staff or resident, we would lose the ability to allow visits face-to-face. The two main changes that affect our residents and their families are:
- The facility must be COVID-19 free for fourteen (14) days (this was twenty-eight (28) days).
- All visitors must have a COVID-19 test that has been within the past seven (7) days prior to the visit (this was not required before).
With this significant change, we will be returning to our window visits (between the glass). If the visitor can provide a copy of a negative COVID-19 test within seven (7) days we will allow a face-to-face visit. This change has decreased the number of visits we will be able to do as we can only schedule one at a time. Please feel free to reach out to your state and local legislators and to the governor’s office as well to let them know your feelings about the most recent changes.
NURSING HOME VISITATION UPDATE 7/20/20:
Long-awaited in-person visits will begin today for the Skilled Nursing Facility. We have submitted our plan to the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), and have received notification that we qualified for visits. Please note that many restrictions are in place for us and we are unable to allow visitors on the units or anywhere upstairs. Please review the following:
- You must make an appointment for the visit and only two (2) people per resident at one scheduled time.
- Please Call Sue Winiecki, Activities Director for an appointment (585)-786-8940 X4709.
- YOU MUST BE ON TIME OR WE CANNOT ACCOMMODATE THE VISIT.
- Visits will occur outside six (6) feet apart from each other.
- All visitors must be screened (temperature and questions) prior to the visit occurring.
- If the weather is not conducive to outside visits, the visit will still occur inside the building in a designated area.
- Inside visits, we can only allow one visitor per resident. (if two (2) people come, the visit time can be split).
- All visitors and residents must wear a mask during the visit. We also cannot allow any contact (hugging, etc.) you must remain six (6) feet apart.
- Visits will be 30 minutes maximum to allow everyone to have an equal chance to schedule a visit.
- Visits will be available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday; if you have special situations please speak with Sue when you call. The hours available will be 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
We are pleased that we are able to do outside visits; many nursing homes do not qualify to offer these visits. We can easily lose our ability to provide visits if one of the following occurs:
- A resident tests positive for COVID-19
- A staff member tests positive for COVID-19
- We have to continue to COVID test all staff weekly and report results.
- Fail to report daily to the NYSDOH and Center for Disease Control (CDC) the status of all residents, staff, personal protective equipment (PPE), and testing abilities.
- Shortage of PPE
- Shortage of staffing
These are just some of the examples that can cause us to lose the ability to do visits. Please bear with us as we do our best to accommodate these visits.
If you have any questions or problems please feel free to reach out to your Unit Manager, Social Worker, or one of the Administrative team.